Ron Nance is president and CEO of The Oaks Development Company and a certified professional builder. In February 2007, Nance’s construction company was featured on national television when he was selected by ABC’s Extreme Makeover Home Edition to build a home for Lawton resident Sgt. Gene Westbrook and his family. In 2008, Nance began his development known as The Oaks, located at Southwest 67th Street and Bishop Road.
Nance’s career in real estate began in 1978 with commercial brokerage and led him to earn the prestigious CCIM designation. He owns and operates a number of commercial buildings in Lawton used for both high end office space, warehouse and retail.
Nance began his building career in 1985. Since that time, he has built hundreds of homes in Southwest Lawton and exhibited a commitment to the beautification of Lawton.
Nance owns and operates a number of different businesses outside of real estate, including a buffalo ranch that has had as many as 1,500 buffalo running on as much as 5,500 acres of Oklahoma ranch land. Today, he contributes to the buffalo industry with the breeding of rare and high-quality black bison. The buffalo can be seen roaming the land surrounding The Oaks.
Nance has served on local, state, and national boards to include:
- Chairman of the Lawton Economic Development Corporation for the 2020-2021 term
- Vice president/secretary of the Oklahoma Home Builders Association (OkHBA) for the 2021-2022 term
- President of the Lawton Home Builders Association (two terms)
- Lawton City Councilman
- President of the Oklahoma Bison Association
- Lawton Airport Authority Board Member
- First National Bank Advisory Board
- Board member of the Southwestern Medical Center
- Director of the National Bison Association